Saturday March 16 2019 | Dundullimal Homestead Dubbo
You can't stream it, download it, or save it for later.
But you can be there.
With food, drink, art and activities in the idyllic, historic surrounds of Dundullimal Homestead – bring the kids for a family-friendly festival afternoon and evening under our enormous western skies.
Win this awesome door prize valued at $599!
One happy festival goer will be the lucky winner of a Sony MHCV41D High Power Home Audio System with Bluetooth supplied by the kind folks at JB Hifi Home Dubbo, featuring:
- Integrated DVD player with HDMI ARC
- Seamless streaming with NFC and BLUETOOTH®
- Built-in DVD player
Please note: only tickets purchased from 123Tix prior to the day of the event (Saturday 16 May) will be entered into the draw. The winner will be drawn on the day.
Every great music city needs a great music festival.
Dubbo, this is ours.
On the day
It’s shaping up to be an amazing event! Here’s some info about the day itself
Dundullimal Homestead is located at 23L Obley Road (1.5km past Taronga Western Plains Zoo). Car parking is available.
2:00 – Gates Open
2:40 – MALACHI SNELSON
3:10 – TURN ON THE LIGHTS
3:50 – DAPHNE BROOKS
4:30 – DARREN SMITH
5:15 – ERASER
6:05 – SMITH & JONES
7:05 – HATAKAZE
8:05 – SUNSET PASS
9:00 – MANNEQUIN
9:55 – Gates Close
- 2:00 – 4:00 – Free tours of Dundullimal Homestead
- 2:00 – 4:00 – Art talks: Fresh Arts exhibition in the Gallery
- 2:00 – 7:00 – Kidzone open
- 2:00 – 7:00 – Short films in the Old Church Cinema – One Eyed Film festival
- 2:00 – 7:00 – Calligraphy by Jack Randell at the Art Space
- 2:00 – 7:00 – Kids Art Workshops at the Art Space – Cardboard Sculptures, Collaborative Painting
- 7:30 – 9:30 – Massive Projection onto the stables
- Camping chairs and picnic rugs
- Reusable water bottles – make sure they’re empty, we have free water refills! Our goal is to minimise the use of non-reusable plastics (our bar cups are plant-based and biodegradable)
- Sunscreen and hats
- Cash, credit cards – there’s no ATM, but we can accept card payments
- Your tickets – either printed or on your phone
- Liquids – no alcohol, soft drinks etc
- Glass or sharp Items
- Shade structures or tents
- Food – snacks are ok, but help us cut down on non-reusable plastic by thinking about rubbish. We have gourmet food and cafe options onsite to satisfy your hunger!
- Footballs, soccer balls, tennis balls. You know, balls.
our commitment to sustainability
We are committed to a making Under Western Skies a sustainable festival. In 2019 this means:
Minimising our waste footprint
- BYO (empty) water bottles
- use of starch-based bio-cups at the bar (not plastic)
- no sales of single-use bottled water on site
- minimal plastic cutlery for sale, encouraging patrons to bring their own
- recyclable bottles and cans
Reducing our carbon footprint
- use of primarily digital promotions
- choosing local and regional suppliers for food, drink and on-site services
- borrowing infrastructure from like-minded local groups rather than buying it (which helps keeps costs down too!)
Over the next few years we hope to:
- eliminate all single use plastics
- move to bar ‘keep-cups’
- continue to reduce power consumption
- provide more transport options to reduce vehicle trips
- use only carbon-neutral electricity sources (via greenpower products)
Brought to you by...
Under Western Skies music festival is proudly brought to you by the Songwriters & Original Musicians Association Dubbo Inc (SOMAD).
SOMAD is a grassroots not-for-profit incorporated association founded by Dubbo musos with the aim of transforming Dubbo into a Music City.